• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

help please!

Krystal

ok...so I just found out that I did not pass my CPC exam :mad:! (this was my first try). I did not have the blitz video before my exam but I will be purchasing it TODAY!! Is there anyone who can help me pass this exam before next month-I already rescheduled to retake it for next month! Is there anyone who can help me pass this exam?

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Krystal, it is alright, You can do it. The Blitz will be a big help to you. Here is a quick link for you: BLITZ

Also a free practice exam may help: MOCK EXAM

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Krystal, you are not alone in not passing on your first try. Some people do not pass on their first attempt of the CPC exam. I did not pass on my first try, but I did pass on my second try. When you do your practice exams, try to get up to 85% or more.

Krystal

Hello Alica and Carolyn,

Yeah I am going to purchase the Blitz video tonight. Atleast i know what to expect on the exam now....do you know if the exam changes? or is it the same exam? I have a good feeling about the bubble and highlighting method I keep hearing about. I had my books highlighted but not bubbled to pick out key words...

Krystal

Hi Carolyn,

I just purchased the Blitz online video a few min. ago....and I rescheduled to take my exam for next month so I have a lot to cover between now and the end of Sept...I wanted to get it done while I still remember the questions to the exam in my head...When I purchased the online video it also sent me the free 50 question test so I will be doing that, the aapc practice test a,b, & c...thank you again so much for helping me with this. I am so glad I discovered this website and glad I met you-its good to know there are people out there who are still willing to help you whenever you need it.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
One thing that I did when I took my exam the second time was I took a small (about 1 min) break and that made a big difference. You would come back refresh and ready to finish the exam. I did not take that break on my first attempt. If I have any more suggestions, I will certainly pass that along.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Another thing I did when I took my exam the second time was to underline the key words in the op reports. I went to a AAPC meeting in February 2011 when they had a program about reading an op report. The lady who presented it also did a program for the AAPC National Conference in Las Vegas in April 2012. Just Coding.com posted the presentation on their website. Here is the link: http://www.justcoding.com/print/279024/learn-how-to-read-an-op-report. You can print it to keep for reference.

Krystal

yes I think I will try doing that as well. I think that will help alot for me to underline key words in the op reports..I think it will help stick out more to me so I will know to watch what im doing. Im going to keep mark that link in my favorites.